As a Facebook Marketing Partner, Net Natives are pioneering Instagram advertising for the Education sector.
Instagram announced the opening of their advertising API just last week, and already, we have been able to create our first education Instagram campaign with Lewisham Southwark College.
The Colleges’ Head of Marketing and Communications, Sonia Furley, says “[we are] very excited to be working with our advertising partners Net Natives as the first educational provider in the UK on Instagram”.
With more than 300 million monthly active users and 73% of its user base between the ages of 15 and 35, education institutions should start thinking of ways to use Instagram to recruit both domestic and international students. Below are some ideas and top tips to help your institution do just that.
- What’s the purpose? – Think about your desired outcome. For engagement, take photos of students arriving during Fresher’s week. For conversion, run a photo contest. Want to learn more about specific Instagram advertising campaigns? Contact us here.
- People and place should go hand in hand – When showcasing an impressive location (especially important for international students) consider including students in shot looking at it. Likewise, when focusing on students, the background should be appropriately inspiring.
- Think inside the box – People use Instagram to be wowed, not bored. Take advantage of Instagram’s square format by experimenting with shape, layout, composition and colour.
- Keep it natural – Generation Z’s brains are highly tuned ad-detectors. It’s important to think about how your images will sit amongst the plethora of selfies, Nandos meals and cat-lolz that swamp Instagram. You want to stand out, but not for the wrong reasons.
- Quality is everything – although photos should look natural, this doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be of the highest quality. If you don’t have access to a professional photographer or a half decent camera, find someone that does (*cough* Net Natives). Professional photos = serious response.
- Once more with feeling – Stop. Look at your photo. Does it say not only what you want it to say but does it make you feel something? If not then it’s unlikely to have much impact.
- Keep abreast of trends – get up to date with what’s working and what’s not – cutting through Instagram’s sea of ephemera will be far easier. Our Insights team are here to help – click here to get in touch.
- Targeting – reach the right audience at the right time, click here to find out more about the platform’s targeting capabilities.
Still confused? Want to find out more about running an impressive Instagram campaign? Net Natives’ are on hand with heaps of expertise and insight to help you create content that will cut through.